Sunday, September 12, 2010

OH YEAH!

So I submitted a short story I wrote last year to a forum called The Slam on cicadamag.com. (I'll put the lick to it on here.) It was my first time submitting something, and only ten microfictions, poems, and creative nonfictions are put up each month. AND MINE WAS CHOSEN!!!!!!

Not only that, but today someone commented on my story (a.k.a. a slam) AND THEY LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! AND I FELT AMAZING!!!!!!!

Hence, this poem/song came into my head. So I shall post it for you to read. And you, now knowing how feel when people comment, you should comment. I'm not saying you should, but it'd make a thoughtful present.

This is Something (To Live For)

Ecstasy as I see those words
Of high high praise
Words I have earned
Words that I worked hard for
Flying on these invisible wings
This is something to live for

I dance on nimble feet
Arms extended and elegant
The crowd cheers
As I leap across the stage
Music pulsing in my soul
This is something to live for

Warm in your embrace
Feeling safer than ever before
You tell me how beautiful I am
Support me when I am weak
Love pouring out of my heart
This is something to live for

Writing this song down
Putting feelings down on paper
Strumming softly on my guitar
Pounding my fingers on piano keys
Baring my soul on my sleeve
This is something to live for

3 comments:

  1. Hey Maddie,
    I know I'm probably not the one you had in mind to review, but I thought it was still thoughtful. :)
    I really liked the poem, it definitely has a good rhythm, and the words make me smile.
    I'm so glad you had your story chosen, that really is awesome.
    Good luck with your blog!
    Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a Cloud 9 moment: the payoff for your hard work and passion. Great news! Time to celebrate. ;)

    ReplyDelete