Sunday, August 29, 2010

On the topic of dance..........

If you don't know (which you probably don't) I have a deep love for dance. So You Think You Can Dance? is my favorite reality TV show, and, on a more recent topic, I have fallen in love with a web series (only available on Hulu) called The League of Extraordinary Dancers. LXD for short.

Two words people. Dance Fighting.

It's basically about two groups, the LXD and the Uprising. Obviously, the LXD are the good guys. Each of the recruits not only is absolutely fantastic at dancing, but also have some sort of power related to that style of dance. What's amazing about this show is that it tell stories just through dance. There's very little talking, except by the narrator at the beginning of every episode. And the music is AWESOME!!!!! And... And.... And...... Lil C (a choreographer from SYTYCD and a master of krump) is in it!!!!!! And..... And....... AND...... the Asian guy from Glee is in it!!!!!!!!!! (I also love Glee.)

I love this show so much. :).

The main point of this post, however, is not to discuss my love for the LXD and convincing you all to watch it (which you all should. Right now. This instant.). It's about the importance of us having dance heroes. I mean, think about it. All of the most famous dance heroes (Michael Jackson, Gene Kelly, etc.) have either died or made way for the world of pop stars. But these people could be our generation of dance heroes. The ones that inspire a new generation of dancers. All we have to do is watch, and support them. And, heck, that's not hard at all when you're watching the coolest thing you have ever seen.

I'll post a link to some of their performances. The TED one better explains what I was talking about.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment